Reliability and Performance of Photovoltaic Systems
The International Energy Agency (IEA) is the OECD countries' cooperation body for energy issues and has 28 member countries. The Swedish Energy Agency distributes the funds to participate in this work to a Swedish consortium, where RISE acts as project manager. The assignment is specifically about improving operation, reliability and economics for solar cell systems through a common platform where quality aspects are developed and knowledge is disseminated to different market players.
Therefore we have formated the projet IEA PVPS Task 13 - Reliability and Performance of Photovoltaic Systems.
Funding in SEK: 821 000
Project manager at MDU
The assignment is specifically about improving operation, reliability and economics for solar cell systems through a common platform where quality aspects are developed and knowledge is disseminated to different market players.
The overall objectives of Task 13 are to:
- Provide a common platform to summarize and report on technical aspects affecting the quality, performance, and reliability of PV modules and systems in a wide variety of environments and applications.
- Gather modelled and measured data from different PV systems from around the world. This will include summaries of different practices from each country, experiences with a variety of PV technologies and system designs.
- Disseminate Task 13 results and communicate to our stakeholders in a number of impactful ways including reports, workshops, webinars, and web content.
Activities in the project:
- Reliability of novel PV materials, components, and modules
1.1 Degradation modes in new PV cell and module technology
1.2 Repair and 2nd life of PV modules
1.3 Impact of load factors; the future of accelerated testing
1.4 Reliability of PV+Storage
- Performance and durability of PV applications
2.1 Floating PV
2.3 Bifacial Tracking Systems
2.4 Digital Integration and Digital Twinning
2.5 Module Power Electronics Efficiency and Shading
- Techno-economic key performance indicators
3.1 Extreme weather and impact on PV performance KPIs
3.2 Guidelines for the optimization of KPIs for specific climatic or environmental
3.3 Impact of decisions in PV projects economic KPIs
3.4 Mapping economic and reliability KPIs
- Dissemination and outreach