Eva Thorin, Professor of Energy Engineering at Mälardalen University about her research.
- Vafab miljö
- Eskilstuna energi och miljö
- Castellum Aspholmen
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries dearly today and even more tomorrow.
People are experiencing the significant impacts of climate change, which include changing weather patterns, rising sea level, and more extreme weather events. The greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are driving climate change and continue to rise. They are now at their highest levels in history. Without action, the world’s average surface temperature is projected to rise over the 21st century and is likely to surpass 3 degrees Celsius this century—with some areas of the world expected to warm even more. The poorest and most vulnerable people are being affected the most.
Affordable, scalable solutions are now available to enable countries to leapfrog to cleaner, more resilient economies. The pace of change is quickening as more people are turning to renewable energy and a range of other measures that will reduce emissions and increase adaptation efforts.
But climate change is a global challenge that does not respect national borders. Emissions anywhere affect people everywhere. It is an issue that requires solutions that need to be coordinated at the international level and it requires international cooperation to help developing countries move toward a low-carbon economy.
Ongoing research projects
- AI assisted CO2 capture in biomass CHP plants
- Agrivoltaics in Skåne
- Art: Ways of working across boundaries - policy lab for climate adaptation work in relation to changed precipitation patterns
- Avoiding conflicts between the sustainable development goals through agro-photovoltaic systems
- Carbon2Food – Boosting sustainable vertical farming by CO2 fertilization from air carbon capture
- Concepts for the Sustainable Office of the Future (SOFCO)
- Conversion of horse manure into valuable products using hydrothermal carbonization
- FASTER ΑΙ: Fully Autonomous Safety- and Time-critical Embedded Realization of Artificial Intelligence
- GEFWIN - Next Generation Fibre-Steered Wind Turbine Blades
- GREENER: Intelligent energy management in connected construction sites
- Green Design - Circular and sustainable production investments
- GreenDL: Green Deep Learning for Edge Devices
- Improving agrivoltaic systems performances with spectrally selective solar cells
- Increase synergy between different energy networks (SENERGY-NETS)
- MORMOR- Monitoring of airflow and airborne particles, to provide early warning of irrespirable atmospherics conditions
- Modeling and analysis of risks in systems-of-systems
- Optimized design of agrivoltaic systems in Sweden (Opti-APV)
- ProPlan - Smart production planning at city and regional level
- RELIEF- euRopean bio-Economy aLliancE in Farming
- Reliability and Performance of Photovoltaic Systems
- SCOSSA - Sector coupling in energy transitions as sociotechnical processes
- Smart Battery Circularity - Circul8
- Smart and Circular Battery Charging Solutions
- Solar Energy Research Center Sweden Sverige (SOLVE)
- TheO - The Extended Office