ShiftLabs is dedicated to supporting the adoption and integration of new digital technologies among small and medium-sized manufacturing companies.
Project manager at MDU
ShiftLabs supports small and medium sized manufacturing companies in their adoption and acceptance of new digital technologies. ShiftLabs is organized through four regional nodes across Sweden; each comprised of a leading university in production research and a technology center capable of providing services to industry. The nodes are supported and strengthen by two large-scale service providers; EIT Manufacturing and Research Institutes of Sweden. This way, the consortium provides services, locally, via a national and European network of universities, technology centers and service providers. The regional nodes are the contact points for SMEs, acting as “one stop shop”, where a company can make contact and gain access to the services provided by the whole network.
ShiftLabs is an organization dedicated to supporting the adoption and integration of new digital technologies among small and medium-sized manufacturing companies. The initiative is structured through four regional nodes across Sweden, each comprising a leading university in production research and a technology center capable of providing cutting-edge services to industry. The nodes are further augmented and fortified by two large-scale service providers, EIT Manufacturing and Research Institutes of Sweden.
This collaborative effort enables the consortium to offer services both locally and through a vast national and European network of universities, technology centers, and service providers. As the primary point of contact for SMEs, the regional nodes serve as a centralized "one-stop-shop," facilitating access to the full spectrum of services offered by the network. By leveraging the expertise and resources of academia and industry, ShiftLabs empowers businesses to harness the latest digital technologies and thrive in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
- The establishment of a common methodology and platform that will enable synergies and commonalities between nodes in the EDIH to increase the efficiency, capabilities, and outreach of the partners. This will lead to new, better and more accurate services to SMEs.
- Fulfilment of services to SMEs and mid-caps. This includes all interactions with companies, e.g. outreach activities, open seminars and custom testbed activities.
- The use of digital technologies to strengthen industry’s sustainability in three aspects; (1) environmental protection (planet), (2) social equity (people), and (3) economic viability (profit)
- The use of digital technologies to ensure that the human is always in the loop and has control of the technical systems employed in manufacturing industries.
- The use of digital technologies and connectivity to ensure resilience in the manufacturing value chains and vertical integration between organisational units and throughout the supply chain