Health and Welfare
Normcritical perspectives in the research into social vulnerability
The group conducts research into different forms of social vulnerability, for example financial vulnerability, violence and extremism.
The group has normcritical perspectives as an analytical point of departure, and in focus are questions of how different forms of vulnerability, inequality and skewed resource allocation are reproduced and how preventive measures work. The research conducted has different focuses, for example:
- studies of society’s action and support to victims of violence
- the social services’ preventive measures against violence for people with disabilities
- society’s organisation and efforts for newly-arrived young people
- ethnicity and gender in dealing with honour-related violence
- gender, masculinity and health in forensic psychiatric care
- gender, age and ethnicity in society’s action and support to heavy debtors.
Ongoing research projects
Syftet med projektet är att studera hälsofrämjande insatser för att minska stillasittande livsstil hos målgruppen.
Project manager at MDU: Anne Söderlund
Main financing: Cancerfonden
The overall purpose of this project is to explore newly graduated registered nurses' (NGRNs’) experiences of encountering work-related stress and of caring for patients in the emergency department (ED) during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Project manager at MDU: Petra Heideken Wågert
Main financing: Akademin för hälsa vård och välfärd MDU
Before suicide and suicide attempts, most people come in contact with the healthcare system and they show great ambivalence, meaning that there are numerous occasions for people whom come in contact with the patient to interfere and prevent suicide. Ambulance care traditionally have a distinct medical perspective on the patient with focus on severe somatic disease and previous research have shown that mental illness can be considered as secondary and even obstructing from what is considered as legit assignments.
Main financing: Centrum för klinisk forskning Region Sörmland