Decent work and economic growth
Helena Blomberg, Associate Professor of Sociology at Mälardalen University about her work linked to Goal 8.
Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
Roughly half the world’s population still lives on the equivalent of about US$2 a day. And in too many places, having a job doesn’t guarantee the ability to escape from poverty. This slow and uneven progress requires us to rethink and retool our economic and social policies aimed at eradicating poverty.
A continued lack of decent work opportunities, insufficient investments and under-consumption lead to an erosion of the basic social contract underlying democratic societies: that all must share in progress. . The creation of quality jobs will remain a major challenge for almost all economies well beyond 2015.
Sustainable economic growth will require societies to create the conditions that allow people to have quality jobs that stimulate the economy while not harming the environment. Job opportunities and decent working conditions are also required for the whole working age population.
Ongoing research projects
- Automation or augmentation: How are white-collar workers affected by automating technologies in the financial sector (DigiFin)
- CPMXai: Cognitive Predictive Maintenance and Quality Assurance using Explainable Ai and Machine Learning
- Concepts for the Sustainable Office of the Future (SOFCO)
- Creative mathematical reasoning reinforced by retrieval practice
- Creative mathematical reasoning reinforced by retrieving practice - enhancing learning and memory
- Harmful alcohol use among women and men in different industries: A survey based on a sample of the working population in Sweden
- InPro-Hym: inclusive and productive hybrid meetings
- IndTech Digital Industrialisation
- Is the state subsidy for outsourcing of domestic services associated with increased labour market integration and mobility of immigrants?
- Meeting and community in the post-digital era: Understanding the texture of organizing and how it is changing
- Mission and Capability Engineering for Systems-of-Systems
- New Replacement Policy Considering Environment Sustainability
- OnE LEARNS: Online Education for LEAdeRs in Nutrition and Sustainability
- RELIEF- euRopean bio-Economy aLliancE in Farming
- Suicidal behavior in working life - risk and protective factors from a gender perspective
- TRUSTY - Trustworthy intelligent system for remote digital towers
- Understanding changes in levels of occupational sex segregation in Sweden and Europe during half a century
- Up-skilling for Industry 5.0 roll-out
- Workplace structure and work-related ill-health: female dominance, organizational factors, initiatives and political decisions in municipal administration