Mehrdad Darvishpour, Associated Professor of Social Work at Mälardalen University about his research.
Reduce inequality within and among countries
The international community has made significant strides towards lifting people out of poverty. The most vulnerable nations – the least developed countries, the landlocked developing countries and the small island developing states – continue to make inroads into poverty reduction. However, inequality still persists and large disparities remain in access to health and education services and other assets.
Additionally, while income inequality between countries may have been reduced, inequality within countries has risen. There is growing consensus that economic growth is not sufﬁcient to reduce poverty if it is not inclusive and if it does not involve the three dimensions of sustainable development – economic, social and environmental.
To reduce inequality, policies should be universal in principle paying attention to the needs of disadvantaged and marginalized populations.
Ongoing research projects
- "The other" children i the Swedish school health services: (de)construction and interaction
- A city for everyone? A study about young women's lives in a transforming suburb
- Creative mathematical reasoning reinforced by retrieval practice
- Creative mathematical reasoning reinforced by retrieving practice - enhancing learning and memory
- Cultural Evolution in Digitial Socities
- Digital daily activity centres
- Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living (IDEAHL)
- InPro-Hym: inclusive and productive hybrid meetings
- Is the state subsidy for outsourcing of domestic services associated with increased labour market integration and mobility of immigrants?
- Meeting and community in the post-digital era: Understanding the texture of organizing and how it is changing
- Obstacles and opportunities for equal participation of citizens with intellectual disabilities: evidence from a world leading accessibility initiative
- Telepresence robot mediated embodied interaction in hybrid language learning environments
- The Border-Transgressing Self: Narrative and Cultural Identity in Autofictions of Migration
- TheO - The Extended Office
- Understanding changes in levels of occupational sex segregation in Sweden and Europe during half a century
- Workplace structure and work-related ill-health: female dominance, organizational factors, initiatives and political decisions in municipal administration