New student at the University Library
Welcome to MDU and the University Library! Gathered here is the information you need to know before the start of your studies.
How do I see if you have the course literature I need?
Search in the catalogue to see what books we have and whether they are in. If the book is out on loan you can make a request for it. We will email you when it’s available for collection. A lot of books are available as e-books, so you can download them to your computer, tablet or telephone.
There are reference copies of all course books on the University Library course book shelves, marked KURS REF. You are not permitted to borrow these books, but you are welcome to read them in the University Library.
How long is the loan period for the books?
- The loan period is normally 3 weeks.
- The loan period for books reserved by another patron is 2 weeks.
- Your loans are automatically renewed if there are no requests.
See the University Library's introduction film
You will find the University Library's opening hours under the link Meet the Library.
As a student at MDU you have access to the University Library every day 07:00-22:00. Read about extended opening hours.
If you have any questions about the University Library, send an email, phone or chat with us!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone (08:00-12:00): Eskilstuna: 016-15 37 00, Västerås: 021-10 13 44
- We also have a FAQ, where you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions.