Rules for your comfort
So that the University Library can be a place where everybody is happy it is important that visitors abide by the rules of conduct.
- Bear in mind this that this is a work environment and show consideration. Speak with a quiet voice so as not to disturb and leave the room if you are going to make a phone call, please. The library is a workplace for students, teachers, researchers and the Library staff.
- It is permitted to bring simple snacks with you such as fruit, sweets and drinks. If you wish to eat lunch you are advised to go to the student kitchenettes in the University.
- Please, tidy up after you and throw away your litter. The Library has stations for recycling.
- The Library’s computers may be used by people above 18 years old. They are to be used for work in connection with your education or to search for information. External visitors may recieve a temporary account at the Student Centre.
- It is not permitted to collect money or name lists in the Library.
- It is not permitted to put up posters in the Library.
- People who cause disturbances in the Library are liable to be suspended in accordance with Chapter 10 of the Higher Education Ordinance.