International Marketing – Master's programme
fiber_manual_recordEducation level CreditsSecond cycle 60 credits
access_timeTime1 years full time
This programme provides students with theoretical and practical in-depth knowledge with hands-on skills in International Marketing to build their future in academia, industry or other organisations. Critical thinking and analytical skills are practised in the program to prepare students to create strategies to deal with the fast-growing and changing marketplaces with intense competition.
Work experience/university credits
A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to at least 180 credits and with a major in the field of Business Administration. A TOEFL test result, minimum score 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of minimum 6.5 and no band score below 5.5 or equivalent is required.
For students outside EU/EEAPer installment prior to each semester: 49250 SEKAnnual tuition fee: 98500 SEKTotal programme fee: 98500 SEK
Apply in Västerås autumn 2024
This one-year programme is designed to enhance your understanding of international marketing management and international marketing strategies in different markets, preparing you for a job position in international companies and organizations as well as in academia.
Courses in the programme offer research-based knowledge of international markets and marketing coupled with a practice-related understanding of different business contexts. The programme aims to educate students for a career that corresponds to the demands of tomorrow’s international business market setting, incorporating digitalisation and sustainabilty and responsible business logic in International Marketing.
Thus, your future position as an international marketer and international business specialist starts in the classroom, where you will have the opportunity to learn and discuss with researchers in the field and develop the skills needed for an international career by collaborating with multinational and multicultural peers.
To ensure the quality of learning, besides written exams, you will also be assessed by taking active part in seminars, workshops, simulations and projects which entail written and oral presentations on multiple occasions.
All the teaching is conducted in English.
Employment and Future Prospects
Graduates of the programme are employed within a range of different areas and hold positions related to the area of international markets and marketing (both in Business and Academia). The programme’s design and pedagogical approach is designed to include a lifelong learning mindset, and the skills and understanding of how to continuously relate to and integrate research-based knowledge into business practice and vice versa. The goal is to prepare students with capacities to pursue a career in international business and/or academia, within the field of international markets and marketing.
During the programme, you develop the capabilities and skills needed for positions in small, medium-sized, and multinational enterprises working with B2B and/or B2C. You will be well prepared for a career in the private sector as well as in public or non-profit organisations in diverse, multicultural environments.
The programme will provide you with the skills needed to collect data and process information for marketing management decisions, as well as the ability to structure and analyse problems, conduct market analyses, and develop business ventures in new and/or unfamiliar environments. These skills and comptences are equally relevant for a career in a company and further studies in higher education, such as doctoral studies.
Opportunities offered to kick-start your career path:
- EFMD career fairs where you have the opportunity to connect with employers and companies around the globe. These events include industry speakers, masterclasses, inspiring keynotes, and top leading employers looking to hire students and recent graduates.
- EFMD career portal, where you can apply for a work placement or a job abroad. Additionally, this portal provides a Career planning and Assessments Center that helps you along your career journey.
- MDU Mentor program where you can develop your ideas, plan your career path, get advice on CV writing, and prepare for life after your degree.
- Programmes' customized career services, where suitable job vacancies from your desired markets are shared.
- Alumni talks and panels during the programme, where you get an insight on future career outlooks
- MDU Business developers at Idealab
- Business start-up program, where you can develop your business ideas and get help and consultation to start your own business and expand your network
- E-commerce start-up program, where you learn how to create, launch, and market your digital channel and e-commerce platform.
Mälardalen University has attained EFMD accreditation for the Master's programme in International Marketing and the Bachelor's programme in International Business Management since 2017.
The EFMD Programme Accreditation is an international accreditation system that evaluates business programmes at Bachelor's and Master's levels. To be awarded this accreditation is quality assurance that the programme maintains high quality and has a good standing from an international perspective in both education and research.
Programme structure and content
If you study full-time, you study 30 higher education credits (hp) per semester. Courses can run at different paces and be of different lengths. As a program student, you have a guaranteed place for courses in your program and you study the courses in a specific order. Some courses within a program are mandatory and some are optional.
"The programme gave me valuable skills for my future life"
– From MDU, I will not only take the knowledge and skills acquired during my studies but also the friendships, memories and personal growth that I have experienced.
Chat with us
If you have any questions about the studies or the student life at MDU, don't hesitate to contact us! We will help you with your questions and give you the information you need.