International Business Management
fiber_manual_recordEducation level CreditsFirst cycle 180 credits
access_timeTime3 years full time
The International Business Management programme is for you who want a career in the increasingly global and international world of business and who want to study in English together with students from all over the world. The programme focuses on business administration with specialisation on management issues, and prepares you for a job as a manager, salesperson or for starting your own business in a globalised market.
Upper secondary (high school) grades, Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test
Basic eligibility and English 6, Mathematics 3b or 3c or Mathematics C
For students outside EU/EEAPer installment prior to each semester: 49250 SEKAnnual tuition fee: 98500 SEKTotal programme fee: 295500 SEK
Apply in Västerås autumn 2024
The studies focus on business administration specialising on management with an international perspective. This is for you who want a career in the increasingly global and international world of business and who want to study in English together with students from all over the world.
Communication, analytical ability, problem solving and an innovative approach are central for you aiming for a leadership position. During your studies you will practise entrepreneurship and
- present information orally and in writing
- solve problems
- think critically
- search for information
- assess current and relevant research.
Close contacts with teachers, society and other students are essential parts of the programme. You create your network for future business life already during your studies. It is therefore encouraged that you participate in one of the exchange programmes offered to study at a university in another country. This gives you the opportunity to develop your intercultural competence and language skills as well as your international contact network.
Employment and Future Prospects
The impact of globalisation is evident in the marketplace. As a manager of tomorrow, you must be equipped to navigate the opportunities and challenges created by an increasingly complex web of global competition and dependencies.
As an international leader you plan, organise, delegate and control activities in global organisations and businesses. You coordinate activities taking into account international and cultural differences affecting both private and public sector.
You have a solid base for being able to influence decision-making or making the decisions yourself in both small and medium sized as well as multinational organisations. Your employer could be private, public, or non-profit organisations.
As an international business manager, you can, among other things, work as a manager, project manager, marketing manager, purchaser, sales person or start your own business, and you are prepared for a career in an international market.
MDU has been granted the EFMD accreditation for the the Bachelor’s programme in International Business Management and the Master's programme in International Marketing.
EFMD Programme Accreditation System is an international accreditation system that evaluates business programmes at bachelor’s and master’s level. To become accredited is an indication that the programmes maintain high quality and stand up well from an international perspective.
Programme structure and content
If you study full-time, you study 30 higher education credits (hp) per semester. Courses can run at different paces and be of different lengths. As a program student, you have a guaranteed place for courses in your program and you study the courses in a specific order. Some courses within a program are mandatory and some are optional.
- FOA189 Financial Accounting 7.5 credits
- FOA171 Management Accounting 7.5 credits
- FOA169 Marketing Management 7.5 credits
- FOA199 Organization and Management 7.5 credits
- FOA187 The Internationalisation Process of Companies 7.5 credits
- HAA104 International Commercial Law 15 credits
- STA105 Statistics for business 7.5 credits
- NAA134 Basic Microeconomics 7.5 credits
- NAA135 Macroeconomic Principles 7.5 credits
- NAA136 International Trade Theory 7.5 credits
- FOA197 Business Analytics 7.5 credits
- FOA183 International Project Management 7.5 credits
- FOA182 E-commerce and digitalization 7.5 credits
- FOA188 International Human Resource Management 7.5 credits
- FOA162 Research Methods and Academic Writing 7.5 credits
Meet Savannah who wants to be an inspirational leader
- The International Business Management programme has given me the opportunity to combine studying business with an international perspective. Business is such a large area and this programme has helped me to narrow down my options on what I want to focus on in the future.
Chat with us
If you have any questions about the studies or the student life at MDU, don't hesitate to contact us! We will help you with your questions and give you the information you need.