Are you working with logistics in the manufacturing industry? Then this is a course for you!
The course is specially designed for those who work with logistics in the manufacturing industry and it will give you an increased understanding of how to design smart logistics systems. You will get to analyse your company's logistics system and with the help of various Industry 4.0 technologies you will identify possible ways to improve the logistics system of your own company.
The course is mainly online, with 1-2 mandatory physical meetings in Eskilstuna.
You will learn to
- Record the impact of the material and information flow on the performance of the production system at manufacturing companies.
- Analyse the limitations and improvement opportunities of the material and information flow at manufacturing companies.
- Analyse the effects of Industry 4.0 technologies on the material and information flow at manufacturing companies.
- Demonstrate the ability to improve the flow of materials and information using Industry 4.0 technologies at manufacturing companies.
- Demonstrate the ability to search for and apply literature in the field.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry. In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 28 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 19.5 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project where Mälardalen University (MDU) offers courses aimed at giving the industry the skills required for sustainable and smart production.Continued Professional Development with Premium