Safety critical software
The purpose is to give the students an overview of issues and methods for development and assurance of safety-critical software, including details of selected technologies, methods and tools.
About the course
The course includes four modules:
- Introduction to functional safety; knowledge that give increased understanding of the relationship between Embedded systems / safety-critical system / accidents / complexity / development models (development lifecycle models) / certification / “the safety case”.
- Analysis and modelling methods; review of analysis and modelling techniques for the development of safety-critical systems.
- Verification and validation of safety critical software, methods and activities to perform verification and validation
- Architectures for safety critical systems. Safety as a design constraint
You will learn
- the the main key issues, tools and methods used for development of safety-critical software
- to apply selected tools and methods for development and quality assurance of safety-critical software
- to document the safety assurance work
- to adopt scientific advances within the area
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
- How to increase the knowledge and general enhancement of safety cultures in development of safety critical systems
- How to clarifying the structure and scope of assurance activites in development of safety critical systems
120 credits of which at least 80 credits should be within Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and at least 18 months of documented work experience in software development or software related areas. In addition, English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com