Master's programme in Environmental Engineering for Sustainable Development
fiber_manual_recordEducation level CreditsSecond cycle 120 credits
access_timeTime2 years full time
Our world is under threat from climate change, overconsumption, and ever-increasing pollution. Are you interested in contributing to the solutions of these in a sustainable way? If so, then the online Master's programme in Environmental Engineering for Sustainable Development is a great choice!
A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to at least 180 credits with a major in engineering or science. Students with a degree in a subject other than engineering or science must have at least two years of working experience in an engineering field. A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT), or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5, or equivalent is required.
For students outside EU/EEAPer installment prior to each semester: 67500 SEKAnnual tuition fee: 135000 SEKTotal programme fee: 270000 SEK
Apply in Ortsoberoende autumn 2024
This online programme is one of the first international Master's programmes in Environmental Engineering in Europe. It will give you enhanced knowledge about environmental challenges, including how to address these issues while contributing to sustainable development.
We strive to develop state-of-the-art knowledge, models, and processes that form the core of the environmental engineering discipline. Our goal is to contribute to a sustainable solution to these problems by equipping the next generation of environmental leaders with the knowledge you will need to succeed.
Though the programme is based entirely online, we provide ample opportunities for interaction with fellow classmates as well as lecturers in the programme, through our modern digital platforms.
Strongly correlated with ongoing research
This Master's programme is hosted by the Division of Environmental Engineering and Energy Processes at Mälardalen University, where a group of internationally recognised researchers investigate the most significant environmental challenges facing us today.
Our Master’s programme is strongly correlated with our ongoing research, allowing us to provide insight into the current state of the field as well as emerging technologies. You will thus be well prepared for a future career in environmental engineering, including working or conducting research in related fields.
Employment and Future Prospects
This programme will give you an in-depth understanding of current and future environmental challenges, and provide you with tools to meet these challenges through a lens of sustainable development.
Future employers of our graduates include industry, consulting firms and public organisations (such as municipalities and government agencies) in fields related to environmental engineering.
Programme structure and content
If you study full-time, you study 30 higher education credits (hp) per semester. Courses can run at different paces and be of different lengths. As a program student, you have a guaranteed place for courses in your program and you study the courses in a specific order. Some courses within a program are mandatory and some are optional.
- MTK347 Climate change and energy: past, present and future 7.5 credits
- MAA041 Applied mathematics for environmental engineers 7.5 credits
- MTK326 Atmospheric Pollution and Air Quality 7.5 credits
- MTK327 Applied Statistics in Engineering 2.5 credits
- MTK328 Scientific Methods in Environmental Engineering 5 credits
- MTK329 Freshwater Treatment and Management 7.5 credits
- MTK330 Sustainable Cities and Infrastructure 7.5 credits
- MTK331 Sustainable Production and Consumption 7.5 credits
- MTK332 Resource Recovery and Solid Waste Management 7.5 credits
- MTK333 Environmental Economics 2.5 credits
- MTK334 Industrial Dynamics 2.5 credits
- MTK335 Circular Economy in Context of Environmental Engineering 2.5 credits
- MTK336 Digital Remote Sensing and GIS in Environmental Engineering 7.5 credits
- MTK337 Multivariate Data Analysis in Engineering 7.5 credits
- MTK338 System Modelling in Environmental Engineering 7.5 credits
- MTK340 Biomass Utilization and Conversion 7.5 credits
- MTK341 Real-time Analysis in Environmental Engineering 7.5 credits
- MTK342 Wastewater Treatment and Management 7.5 credits
- MTK343 Degree Project in Environmental engineering 30 credits