The University campus lies right in the heart of Eskilstuna, just a few minutes from the Central Station. If you want to do more than just study, the city’s restaurants, shops and night life lie close at hand.
On campus you can find for example:
- The Student Centre
- group rooms, lecture rooms, computer rooms and the large hall Aula Collegium
- a restaurant and a student-run café
- The University Library
- The Student Health Care
- The Student Union building
Around 4 000 students and 300 staff are studying and working at the campus. The total area is 20 000 m².
Digital Campus Tour
Welcome to Eskilstuna – a city with drive
Eskilstuna is a town of contrasts. Brand new, modern buildings are side by side with 17th century houses full of history.
The city is known for its many restaurants, cafés and clubs as well as its music stage. There are activites for all tastes; cultural such as theater, handicraft and music events or why not attend sports matches or practise some yourself.
Major companies in the city are Volvo, Eskilstuna Energi och Miljö, Outokumpu and more.
”Don’t regret for one second that I moved to Eskilstuna”
Living in Eskilstuna means proximity to everything, and for those who want, an active life besides their studies. Mathilda Jonsson is one of the students who chose to leave the big city to study the M.Sc. in Engineering programme in Production and Product Design in Eskilstuna.
- I didn’t really know very much about Eskilstuna as a city before I moved here. Today I don’t regret it one single second. The city has everything that any other city you like can offer but within easy reach. I’m no longer dependent on public transport but can save time that I can spend with my friends, my interests or devote to my studies, says Mathilda Jonsson.
In the city there are parks, shopping, cafés, food stores and the University within walking distance, and for those who like there are good connections to Stockholm, Västerås and Örebro.
As a student in Eskilstuna there are always things to do and people to hang out with, both at the University and through the student associations who for example arrange a variety of evening activities. For those who like playing football, floorball or any other sport there’s ELSA (Eskilstuna Lagom Sportiga Akademiker [– Light Sporty Academics]), who book halls and coordinate activities, she says.
Near to companies
Eskilstuna is a small city in the heart of Mälardalen, which is a region close to industry with a lot of big technological companies such as Volvo Construction Equipment AB, Volvo Parts AB, Assa Abloy AB, Alfa Laval AB and Outokumpu Nordic AB.
- As a student at MDU we have the privilege of working with real-life projects directly linked to the companies that are in Eskilstuna, which makes it easier for us to get both summer jobs and a job after graduating, Mathilda says.