Responsible consumption and production
Sasha Shahbazi, Researcher in material efficiency in the manufacturing industry, tells us about her research linked to goal 12, Sustainable Consumption and Production.
- Volvo Stena
- Almedahls and Kinnalin.
- Swerea IVF,
- Lunds universitet
- Viktoria ICT
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Sustainable consumption and production is about promoting resource and energy efficiency, sustainable infrastructure, and providing access to basic services, green and decent jobs and a better quality of life for all. Its implementation helps to achieve overall development plans, reduce future economic, environmental and social costs, strengthen economic competitiveness and reduce poverty.
Sustainable consumption and production aims at “doing more and better with less,” increasing net welfare gains from economic activities by reducing resource use, degradation and pollution along the whole lifecycle, while increasing quality of life. It involves different stakeholders, including business, consumers, policy makers, researchers, scientists, retailers, media, and development cooperation agencies, among others.
It also requires a systemic approach and cooperation among actors operating in the supply chain, from producer to final consumer. It involves engaging consumers through awareness-raising and education on sustainable consumption and lifestyles, providing consumers with adequate information through standards and labels and engaging in sustainable public procurement, among others.
Ongoing research projects
- AI for Sustainable Food Production from Farm to Fork
- Aqua2Farm - Boosting sustainable urban farming by near infrared spectroscopy with aquaphotomics
- Carbon2Food – Boosting sustainable vertical farming by CO2 fertilization from air carbon capture
- Center for Production Innovation for Sustainable and Smart Manufacturing
- Co-creation method in the conduct of an international conference in health and welfare technologies
- Concepts for the Sustainable Office of the Future (SOFCO)
- Evidence-based work with health and welfare technology in Swedish municipalities
- InnoCities - Smart and sustainable community development through innovation and co-production
- MORMOR- Monitoring of airflow and airborne particles, to provide early warning of irrespirable atmospherics conditions
- RELIEF- euRopean bio-Economy aLliancE in Farming
- Recreate: Secondary Life Management of Electric Vehicle Batteries
- SMART – Smart control of district heating networks integrating next generation energy-efficient buildings
- The international e-consumer – a study of global consumer behavior
- Trace4Value: Traceability For Sustainable Valuechains