Timetable for the buses
As a student and employee at Mälardalen University you have free travel between our two campuses in Eskilstuna and Västerås, Monday to Friday during the academic year. You use the university card as ticket.
Buses are delayed due to roadworks
The Swedish Transport Administration is currently carrying out road work on road 56 between Kvicksund and Västjädra (the exit to the E18). This may mean delays of 10–15 minutes at peak times during the morning and afternoon.
Keep this in mind if you need to take the bus between our two campuses. Take an earlier bus if necessary or consider other travel options.
Roadworks are expected to continue up and until November 2022.
Departure from Västerås
Departure from Eskilstuna
The bus stops
- The central station Västerås, Bus stop I.
- Campus Västerås, (Between building U and R) Address: Högskoleplan 1.
- Campus Eskilstuna, Address: Hamngatan 15.
Use your university card for travel
In order to be able to take the bus, you need to show your personal university card to the driver of the bus. You can order your university card via the Student Portal.
If you haven’t received your card before the start of the term, you can go to the Student Centre and show your letter of acceptance, whereupon you’ll be given a temporary travel document. This needs to be shown to the bus driver together with a valid photo ID. The temporary travel document is valid for a period of four weeks from the start of the term.
Your university card can be ordered after registration via the Student Portal. It may take up to eight hours after you have registered before you can order your university card.
What you need to know as an employee
The free travel with the buses is only valid for travelling when on duty and not for travelling to work from your home.
Tickets for other travellers
You can buy tickets on the bus.
- Youth/student 59 kr
- Adult: 69 kr
More information about travelling
- Please avoid using perfume and other strong scents on the bus.
- No traffic on red days.
- All students and staff are guaranteed a seat on the buses.
- The buses have access to Internet through Wifi.
- All buses are equipped with safety belts. You must use the safety belt, for your own safety as well as others'.
- If you forget anything on the buses, the driver will leave it at the Student Centre.