Digital written examination in Inspera Assessment
Writing a digital written exam in Inspera differs depending on which campus you are going to sit the exam in. Therefore, it is important that you prepare according to the instructions below. You may receive further information from your examiner about certain exams.
Before the exam
1. Register in Ladok
To be able to sit an exam, you must register in Ladok. Please remember also to cancel your registration if you cannot sit the exam.
Log in in Inspera Assessment
Digital exams are written in Inspera. Log in with your MDU student account
Digital exam in Eskilstuna
At Eskilstuna, you will write your digital exam in an examination venue with a desktop computer. You need to know your login details to your MDU student account in order to log in to your computer and to Inspera.
Take a demo exam
Prepare yourself by taking a demo exam in Inspera. Log in with your MDU student account credentials. Remember to make note of the passwords before you start the demo exam.
Digital exam in Västerås
At Västerås, you will write your digital exam on your own laptop. It must be a PC or Mac (Chromebooks, tablets and smartphones will not work).
Install Safe Exam Browser
Install Safe Exam Browser and log in with your student account.
- Click on the heading Demo exam.
- Select Download Safe Exam Browser on your PC or Mac.
Take a demo exam
Take the demo exam with Safe Exam Browser to check that it works correctly on your computer. Remember to make note of the passwords before you start the demo exam.
Make sure you can connect to a wireless network with your computer
At MDU we use the wireless network Eduroam. You'll need a 5GHz-capable computer to connect to this.
If you don't have a portable computer you can apply for a loan computer, which you need to apply for in advance. You can do this after you have registered for the exam.
You must apply for a loan computer no later than seven days before the exam. There is a limited number of loan computers available.
Read our examination rules
Read through the University’s examination rules and regulations for written examinations.
At the exam session
You log in to Inspera to do the exam and through Inspera the Safe Exam Browser will start with the passwords the invigilators will give you. You will not be able to access your documents nor be able to browse on the internet. In other words you can only do the exam and the links that have been approved and that are to be used in the exam inside Inspera.
You will need:
- Your username/email and password for MDU.
- A portable computer with the correct version of Safe Exam Browser installed. For Mac users it is important not to move the programme folder from applications to any other place on the computer.
- The battery must be fully charged at the start.
- Take a charger for the computer with you.
- Take your ID/valid identity document with you.
- Be there at least 30 minutes before the exam begins and make sure that everything is working and that you can log in.
- you are connected to the University’s wireless network. You log in with your username and password for MDU.
- you can log in at inspera.com External link. and see the upcoming exam.
- you close all other programmes, e.g. gaming platforms and screen sharing, which could mean that the exam cannot be begun with lockdown (Safe Exam Browser)
The exam is saved every 15 seconds in Inspera. The invigilators will help you if you have problems and can ensure that your tasks are saved, as well as helping you to borrow a computer if you have problems with your hardware/computer. Always contact an invigilator if you lose the net connection.
You can click back and forth between the questions if your teacher has allowed this. You can also flag a question you want to go back to or want to check the answer to before you hand in the exam if the examiner/teacher has allowed this.
When you have finished you must summon the invigilator. Then you can finish off and submit the exam in Inspera.
After a digital written examination with Inspera
You will see your grade in Ladok. If you wish to read any comments on your digital exam you log in to mdh.inspera.com and click Arkiv, where you will find your completed exams.