Written on-campus examinations at MDU
A written on-campus examination (tenta) is a test that you write at a particular place and time. To be able to take a written on-campus exam you first need to sign up for it.
Registration for an exam
You sign up for the exam in Ladok. Registration opens 21 days before the exam date and closes 10 days before the exam. If you haven’t registered in time you will have to wait until the next time the exam is given.
If you have problems registering in Ladok, you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital on-campus exam with Inspera
Cancel a registration
It is important that you cancel your registration for the examination if you cannot participate. To avoid costs for locations, supervisors and material the cancelation must be done at the latest on the last registration day, normally 10 days before the examination. Please cancel the registration even if the deadline has passed. Even though the costs already incurred, resources can be redistributed.
Time and place
Time and place are published on the web schedule no later than two working days before the exam. There are also notice boards at the Student Center with information about current exams.
Important to know before taking exams
- Bring valid identification with a photo and Swedish social security number with you, for example a driving license, passport or a Swedish/international ID card. If you do not have a Swedish social security number, you need to bring your passport or national ID card. Please bear in mind that neither the MDU card nor a photocopy of identification counts as valid identification, nor a residence permit or LMA card.
- All exams are conducted anonymously and your personal details are replaced by a code number.
- Be on time. The doors for the exam are open from 08.00-08.20 for exams in the morning and 14.00-14-20 for exams in the afternoon. On Saturdays the doors for the exam are open 08.30-08.50. The doors are locked 10 minutes before the exam starts, and a second entry is allowed 30 minutes after the start of the exam. Coming late means that your exam time is shortened by 30 minutes.
- Bags, outdoor clothes and personal belongings such as mobile phones and computers must be kept at a designated place.
- The exam invigilator will give information about rules and procedures that apply in the exam room.
- On suspicion of cheating, a report is sent to the examiner.
Aids during the exam
It shall be made clear on the exam form what aids you are allowed to use in the exam, for example calculators, tables, dictionaries or course books. If you are in need of additional aids on account of disabilities, you will need to send in, apart from the application for the exam, an order for such aids, no later than ten days before the exam date.
- The exam results are published in Ladok no later than 15 working days after the exam date.
- If you are taking a monitored exam you need to make sure to have the necessary equipment, i.e. a webcam and an additional camera placed behind you. An ordinary mobile camera works fine.
- You can collect your marked exam paper at the Student Centre. Please remember to take your ID with you.
- Exam papers are saved for two years.
- If you pass the exam you have no right to resit it to obtain a higher mark.
- If you have opinions about the marking you have the right to request a review of the grading decision. In such a case you should leave your exam paper at the Student Centre. By collecting your exam paper you thus automatically accept the grading decision, which makes it more difficult to request a review.
- If you want to double-check the marking, you can get you examination scanned. Plesae contact email@example.com You will be able to pick up your exam within two working days after that.
Two exams on the same date
If two exams are given at the same time/date, students may submit a request to be allowed to take these two exams at the same time. This must be done no later than 10 calendar days before the exam date and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive notification from the University if this can be arranged, and also information about the appropriate exam room.
External exam students
For the time being we cannot offer examinations for external students. This applies until further notice and the information will be updated if it changes.
So that all students are treated equally there are a number of rules for how exams are to be conducted.