The MDU card
At the University the MDU card is used frequently. The card is free of charge for all students and it has the following uses:
- Access to premises (pass card to outer doors and other School premises such as computer rooms, laboratories and workshops). During certain periods a PIN code is needed, apart from the MDU card, to open these doors.
- Travel pass on trips with Utbildningslinjen between Eskilstuna and Västerås
- Possibilty to use as a library card at the University Library
- Printouts, copying and scanning
To order your MDU card, you have to be registered in Ladok. You order a MDU card via the Student Portal External link..
When registering for a course or study programme the authorisation/access is determined on the card. Any changes in authorisation is made by the Schools.
If you are reading a contract education course you will receive a special MDU card which works as a pass card and a library card. This card must be ordered via the teacher or secretary at your host School.
The following regulations apply to you who have an MDU card:
- Do not allow anyone else to get hold of sensitive information (e.g. card number, PIN code)
- Do not sabotage, interfere with or otherwise abuse the system
- Do not allow anyone else access to the premises or lend the pass card to anyone else
- Study and follow newly-adopted rules
- When in or on Mälardalen University premises, be able to produce your pass card together with a valid identity card confirming the cardholder’s identity.
Consequences of violating the regulations
On discovering that a student is acting in contravention of what is stated above, a report will be submitted to the University’s Division of Campus Affairs, who own the right to block the card pending further investigation. A decision on temporary suspension will be immediately reported to the student’s School and to the University’s legal officer in charge of disciplinary matters for further investigation.
Anyone who has seriously violated these regulations, or in the case of minor infringements done so on several occasions and subsequent to a decision by the University’s Disciplinary Board, may be suspended pursuant to Chapter 10 Section 1 of the Higher Education Ordinance (1993:10).
Problems with using the card
Should problems arise when using the card, you should contact the Student Centre in Västerås or Eskilstuna.
Loss of the MDU card
Loss of your MDU card is to be reported at the Student Centre External link..
For you to be able to order a new MDU card, the Student Centre needs to block the lost card in all its functions. The cost for this is 100 SEK and you pay with card at the Student Centre.
60 minutes after the card has been blocked, you can order a new card in the Student Portal External link.. To get your card blocked free of charge, a police report confirming loss of the card is required.