Mälardalen University logotype


Question and answers about degrees

Does this feel tricky? Here you’ll find the answers to some of the most common questions about degrees.

How long does it take before I get my degree certificate?

The goal is that the processing period should not be more than two months; most often you can get your certificate quicker than that. The business can’t be started until the application is complete. All degree applications are dealt with by date, in the order in which they have come in.

If I take a degree does it mean that I have used up my credits for a future degree?

The credits included in your degree have not been used up but can be used again in a new degree. The prerequisite for taking a new degree is that a new degree requirement is fulfilled. Courses from a degree that has made you eligible for the second-cycle level may not be included in a degree at second-cycle level.

Can courses read at other HEIs in Sweden and/or abroad be included in my degree?

Completed higher education courses that don’t overlap with other courses may be included in your degree. Courses from studies abroad must have their credits transferred; contact studenttorget@mdu.se for more information.

What does overlapping mean?

When two or more courses have the same or partly the same content, they overlap with each other. The partly overlapping credits may not be counted in your degree but will be deducted from the total sum.

How do I get my degree certificate?

The degree certificate will be sent to your registered address unless you have stated otherwise in your application. If you wish, you may collect it directly at MDU. Contact examen@mdu.se to get in touch with an executive officer for degrees.

What happens if I lose my degree certificate?

The degree certificate is an original document and can be issued only once. If your degree certificate were to be mislaid or destroyed you can get a copy from the University archives. Contact examen@mdu.se for more information.

Does the degree certificate cost anything?

No, the degree certificate doesn’t cost anything.

Can I get my degree certificate translated into English?

From 2003 onwards the degree certificates are bilingual (Swedish and English). If you have an older certificate, only in Swedish, you can contact an authorised translator.

Further questions?

Please contact the executive officers for degrees if you have any questions:
examen@mdu.se or phone: +46(0)16-15 32 20.

Phone hours Tuesday and Thursday 10:00-12:00

To top