Exchange studies on your own

The university has agreements with a number of partner universities around the world. If your school cannot offer a place you desire, you can apply for a study place abroad on your own.

When you independently apply for a place at a university in another country, and you'll have the studies credited to your Swedish degree, it's often referred to as Study Abroad in English. One or two terms are a common duration. The studies do not lead to a degree from the foreign university.

Practical preparations

Even if you choose to study on your own at a foreign university, you can have your studies credited to your Swedish education. For this, it is required that your courses at the foreign institution are approved by your school at MDU. Contact your school before you go.

Find out where you want to go

If you don't already know which university you want to apply to, start by searching for information, for example through a search engine on the web, to get an idea about different universities and determine where you'd like to apply. If you want more precise information and application documents from a certain university, you should contact them directly with your inquiry, unless you are going through an agent who in that case acts as an intermediary.

More information

For more information, contact your international coordinator:

School of Business, Society and Engineering, EST est-international@mdu.se

School of Health, Care and Social Welfare, HVV hvv-international@mdu.se

School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, IDT idt-international@mdu.se

School of Education, Culture, and Communication, UKK ukk-international@mdu.se.