Student Health Care

At the Student Health Care, you can receive support during your studies. We are here for those students who study on our campuses and those who study remotely. Everything we offer is free of charge, we have a duty of confidentiality and we do not keep records.

We can help you with questions that are linked to life in general and that which concern student life. It could, for example, be about stress, insomnia, low self-confidence, performance anxiety, fear of public speaking, alcohol or other things that can make life complicated.

Health advisor May-Charlotte and our counsellors Veronica and Peter.

Student Health Care's support

At Student Health Care, you can, for example:

  • receive supportive counselling sessions with a counsellor, either digitally or at the Eskilstuna campus
  • receive supportive counselling from a health advisor
  • take courses and listen to lectures related to health
  • test your lifestyle and get tips on how to improve your health.

If you are unsure if we can help you, you can always contact us and tell us about your problems so that we can see if the staff at Student Health Care have a confidentiality obligation and that no information that concerns you, if you have had contact with the clinic, is passed on without your consent.

There will be some things that Student Health Care cannot help you with, and you will need to turn to another healthcare clinic. For example, this applies if you:

  • have physical illnesses or ailments
  • know that you need to see a doctor to get medication or get a leave of absence
  • wish to be evaluated for ADHD, autism or dyslexia
  • have long-lasting and/or severe mental health issues or would like to have long-term therapy.

Contact your healthcare centre or the healthcare advice line 1177 in the first instance.

If you have had a healthcare contact in your previous place of residence and have recently moved, you should be referred for continued treatment where you live now. Please keep in mind that it’s important that you report your illness to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) as this can influence your student finances.

Test your lifestyle habits

Test your lifestyle habits completely anonymously and receive personalised feedback. Fill in a short questionnaire about alcohol, tobacco, eating habits, physical activity or stress.

After you have completed the test, you will receive personalised advice based on your answers as support for change.

The test has been developed by researchers at Linköping University.

Studying with a disability

There are various types of support and adaptations available if you have a permanent disability or another type of disability while you are studying. You can do that with our coordinators.

Accident Insurance

As a student, you are insured against accidents during the time you are on campus and also during travel between your home and campus.

The insurance does not cover the time you are studying at home, so it is important that you take out separate insurance against accidents if you don’t have one and if you are studying from home.

Contact Student Health Care

To receive counselling from a counsellor or health advisor, you must book an appointment for a chat.

For any other questions, you are welcome to write or call us.

E-mail: studenthalsan@mdu.se
Telephone number: 021–10 73 80