Europe-Brazil-Bolivia-Cuba Capacity Building Using Globally Available Digital Learning Modules (EUBBC-Digital)
EUBBC-Digital will create a new unique Open Challenge- and Digital-Based Educational Concept based upon a shareable “repository” global collaboration, with a high degree of student-centered and entrepreneurial learning towards 21st century digital skills.
Project manager at MDU
A pilot concept will be implemented in the field of energy with emphasis toward the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
High-quality higher education is a substantial need for emerging economy countries to reach improved living conditions for its citizens. A more international/digitalized education is needed to reduce the societal injustices in the world. EUBBC-Digital will address these needs and enable the transformation to zero-carbon countries.
The project aims at establishing a true, fully integrated collaboration in "Common but Local" digital educational methodology, and demonstrate the feasibility through implementation in a pilot subject (in the field of energy).
- Individually, but through the use of the same/similar basic learning units complemented with the local aspects and requirements, create new courses and programs which gives the students the knowledge, skills, creativity, competences & business-perspective to solve future challenges in the respective countries in an environmental & financially sustainable manner.
- Create a new type of university-industry collaboration through “challenge-based real-life cases”
- Implement “student-centered education” with the teachers becoming coaches & mentors, instead of sole providers of knowledge.
- Create re-usability of the existing material to further develop their own courses and programs, with a local perspective while giving their students access to the latest educational material available on the topic.
The main CHALLENGES that the project addresses are:
- EDUCATION: Consequences of Digital transformation of Higher education for “emerging economy” countries, Higher Education becoming a data-driven platform business
- SOCIETY: Access to high quality higher education in a global society, transforming “brain-drain” to “brain-gain”
- SCALABILITY: The partners have urgent need for educational models in the technology sector to reach out to many more young people, including towards less favored regions and citizens
- ENERGY: Transformation from weather-dependent resources on earth to useful energy services (to be used as a pilot for demonstration of the new educational concept), with a minimum of environmental impact.
The project is implemented in EU/Brazil/Bolivia/Cuba