Industrial Economics and Management
Marketing and strategy
Our core research areas are studies in domestic and international marketing (including perspectives of digitalization, servitization and CSR) and research in strategy and international management. Theoretically, our research is rooted in perspectives focusing on business relationships, customer engagement, value (co)creation, and institutional and resource based theories.
The researchers at the department of Marketing and Strategy strive towards being at the forefront of education and research. Numerous research findings of the group have been published in top-ranked international journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies and the Journal of World Business.
Examples of current projects are:
- A project about renewable energy systems and smart cities from a marketing perspective
- A project about the consequences of digital transformation for Swedish firms in terms of their innovativeness, operational efficiency and international growth
- A project about how digitalization has changed the conditions for small and medium-sized companies in the retail industry.
Our research results are used to develop marketing and strategy and international management theories. We want to provide new ideas in relation to digitalization, globalization and sustainability that increase our understanding and provide inputs for future business development.
- Sylvie Chetty, visiting researcher
- Peter Thilenius, visiting professor
- Steven Thompson, affiliated researcher
Ongoing research projects
Balanserad Styrning av smarta fastigheter (BSSF)
Project manager at MDU: Peter Ekman
This research project aims to answer the following research question: What are the consequences of digital transformation for Swedish firms in terms of their innovativeness, operational efficiency and international growth?
Project manager at MDU: Emre Yildiz
Main financing: Jan Wallanders och Tom Hedelius stiftelse, Tore Browaldhs stiftelse
Projektet syftar i första hand till att öka kunskaper som svenska företag kan nyttja för att bättre lyckas med sin e-handel och öka sin försäljning till utländska konsumentmarknader.
Project manager at MDU: Emilia Rovira Nordman
Main financing: Forskarskolan Management och IT (MIT)