Welcome to MDU! We have gathered information for you here such as addresses, telephone numbers, opening times and maps of both campuses.
Addresses and opening hours
Västerås, Universitetsplan 1 (MDU campus Västerås)
Eskilstuna, Hamngatan 15 (MDU campus Eskilstuna)
Nyköping Campus External link.(we educate in Nyköping, but it's not a MDU campus)
- Mälardalen University, Box 325, 631 05 Eskilstuna
- Mälardalen University, Box 883, 721 23 Västerås
- Mälardalen University, Gurksaltargatan 9, 722 18 Västerås
- Mälardalen University, Bruksgatan 3 B, 632 17 Eskilstuna
... by car
Eskilstuna: Turn off the E20 motorway at the Årby junction (signs towards the centre/ centrum). Continue straight along the road Västergatan until you cross over the bridge at Eskilstuna River. Turn right in the roundabout towards Hamngatan, after approx. 250 metres you will see the campus building on the left-hand side.
Västerås: Turn off the E18 motorway at the Rocklunda junction (Exit 132). Continue on Vasagatan road towards the centre/centrum. After approx. 700 metres, take a left turn into the campus area. Parking is available both in front of and behind the University.
- There are limited car parking spaces available at MDU in Västerås, so please choose another means of transport if possible than your car and allow yourself plenty of time.
Eskilstuna: Bus stop Hamngatan 15, outside the University building.
Västerås: City busses numbers 2 and 6, and country bus number 21, go from Västerås bus station to the University bus stop (Västerås).
Eskilstuna: The University is approx. 5 minutes’ walk from Eskilstuna central station. Travel times to Eskilstuna from:
- Stockholm – 1 hour
- Västerås - 32 minutes
- Örebro - 1 hour
Västerås: The University is approx. 15 minutes’ walk from Västerås central station (pedestrian walkway/cycle path along Vasagatan). Travel times to Västerås from:
- Stockholm – 1 hour
- Eskilstuna – 32 minutes
- Örebro – 54 minutes
Campus opening times
- Monday – Thursday: 08:00-19:00
- Friday: 08:00-16:00
- Monday – Friday: 05:30-22:00
- Weekends and bank holidays: 06:30-22:00.
- The computer rooms are open between 07:00-22:00 every day.
You can access our campuses as a student with your access card and pin code.
At Mälardalen University in Eskilstuna there is a restaurant called Verket mat & kaffe in the campus building.
At Mälardalen University in Västerås there is the Rosenhill Restaurant and a café called Prego Origo.