Simulation of Production Systems
In this course you will learn to support improvements of industrial processes involving complex changes though the use of discrete event simulation to meet the needs of the manufacturing industry.
About the course
Through use of discrete event simulation, you will learn to support improvements of industrial processes involving complex changes. The course focuses on how to build, analyse and communicate the results of a simulation study. You will acquire knowledge through theoretical understanding, practical exercises and workshops. Based on a real case, the course will guide you to be able to improve production and logistics flow with discrete event simulation.
The course includes
- Simulation as a tool for improvement of production systems
- The process of designing, building and experimenting with a simulation model
- Application of the simulation process in a project of an industrial production system within the manufacturing industry, analysis of improvement scenarios and communication of the results.
You will learn to
- Apply theoretical findings and reflect on the use of simulation for improving a real industrial production process.
- Design and build a simulation model of a production system using a systems perspective and applying the principles of data collection and analysis
- Analyze different scenarios for the improvement of a production process with the use of a simulation model and document the results
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least two years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry. In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
If you do not have the formal academic qualifications required, you can have your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 28 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 19.5 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDU offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development