Industrialization and Ramp-up in Industry 4.0
You will learn methods, tools, and strategies for your company to gain a world class competence in the industrialization of new products and production technologies. If you are involved in the activities of industrialization, product or process introductions, and integration of new products and/or production technologies, then this course is for you.
The course is mainly online, with 2-3 half day meetings in Eskilstuna.
About the course
You will acquire knowledge about planning and implementing industrialization activities for achieving a faster time-to-market and time-to-volume with higher quality. During the course you will work on one of your company’s industrialization challenges as a “project case” and analyse ways to tackle them in an efficient way.
The course focuses on R&D-manufacturing interface, managing novelty and feedback loops, TRL and MRL, production processes, start of production, and ramp-up. In addition, the course provides insights on how Industry 4.0 or digitalization technologies can support your company’s industrialization activities.
You will learn to
- Describe the industrialization process and various activities, methods and tools used to reduce disturbances, time-to-market, and time-to-volume.
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing how different industrialization activities and decisions affect start of production and full-scale production volume.
- Demonstrate skills in describing various factors that affect industrialization and time-to-volume, and in analyzing and comparing the overall performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform and relate a company's practical work to the theories of industrialization and production ramp-up.
- Analyze the limitations and opportunities for improvement of current industrialization process with regard to the potential of Industry 4.0 technologies.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry. In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 28 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 19.5 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDU offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development