Do you want to be efficient, effective and minimize waste by learning and implementing lean production tools? This course provides insight into the demands and challenges posed by competitive production in industrial production systems and develops your ability to participate in and to drive improvement work.
The course focuses on efficient lean production. Through theory and project work, you will learn useful techniques, methods and strategies. You will obtain the necessary knowledge and training to carry out value stream mapping and other forms of improvement work.
The course offers current and competitive knowledge through its close links with our successful research and partner companies. It provides basic knowledge and understanding of the modern view of lean production in industrial activity.
- Competitive and sustainable production systems
- Customer value versus waste
- Basic philosophy, strategies and principles for Lean production
- Value stream mapping, customer value and elimination of waste
- Lean management and organisation, business process development
- Maintenance and equipment efficiency in competitive production systems
You will learn to
- Describe competitive and sustainable lean production and its basic philosophy, strategies and principles
- Plan and implement an improvement project by value-flow analysis of
- Propose enhancements of a production system section through the selection and application of methods and tools for continuous improvement
- Describe the possibilities and requirements for the use of digital tools within Lean production
Below you find the entry requirements for the course. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you can get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etcetera. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we can validate work experience to determine whether you have the qualifications for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDU offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development