The aim of this course is to provide participants with the principles behind model-driven development of software systems and the application of such a methodology in practice. Modelling is an effective solution to reduce problem complexity and, as a consequence, to enhance time-to-market and properties of the final product.
About the course
The course includes three modules:
Basic concepts of modelling; what are models, metamodels, model transformations, modelling languages.
Model-Driven Engineering in practice; domain-specific languages, UML profiles, design, analysis, and implementation of software systems through model-driven techniques.
Practical problems in modelling usage; evolution management, tool chaining.
You will learn to
- Understand the general principles underlying Model-Driven Engineering techniques
- Analyse the contextual success factors and pitfalls for the adoption of Model-Driven software development in their own organisation
- Analyse potential issues related to tool compatibility, needs for modelling language extensions/customisations, support for distributed development.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
- Foresee potentials and pitfalls entailed by the adoption of Model-Driven Engineering techniques in the current organisation setting
- Draw a sustainable plan for introduction of modelling techniques in the development process.
- Recognise tool maintenance and vendor locking factors
Below you find the entry requirements for the course. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you can get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etcetera. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we can validate work experience to determine whether you have the qualifications for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com