This course deals with model-based testing, a class of technologies shown to be effective and efficient in assessing the quality and correctness of large software systems.
Throughout the course you will learn how to design and use model-based testing tools, how to create realistic models and how to use these models to automate the testing process in your organisation.
About the course
The course includes 4 modules:
- Fundamentals of Model-based Testing: basic model-based testing terminology; what model-based testing is; finite state machines; how to select your tests using models; making these tests executable.
- Model-driven Testing: creating models from industrial code; automating test design; model-checking and searching through large models to find suitable tests; test automation; executing model-based tests.
- Using Coverage Criteria in Model-based Testing: practical ways to search the input space thoroughly; graph-based coverage criteria; logic-based coverage criteria; how to provide traceability from code to tests; make regression testing easier
- How to use Model-based Testing in Practice: tools for model-based testing; test management, choosing the model-based criteria to use and deciding how much automation is needed; test maintenance using model-based testing; test documentation in model-based testing.
You will learn
- about models and understand model-based testing
- practical skills and abilities on applying model-based testing in industrial practice
- to test software using model-based testing in structured, organised ways.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
In industry, software testing is an essential and very consuming activity in the process of engineering software. Model-based testing is a promising technology that tackles challenges related to test design, test selection and test execution.
Below you find the entry requirements for the course. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you can get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etcetera. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we can validate work experience to determine whether you have the qualifications for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com