This course provides an understanding of the fundamental problems in software testing, as well as solid foundation in the practical methods and tools for a systematic state-of-the-art approach to testing of software.
About the course
The course includes five modules:
- Introduction to software testing and test design
- Unit testing, test design and automation
- Testing at integration and system level
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Advanced test design
You will learn
After the course, the participants are expected to:
- understand the fundamental goals, challenges and limitations of software testing, and its relation to other software engineering activities, such as requirements engineering, design and implementation.
- have a working knowledge and experience in applying the major established test design techniques.
- have a working knowledge and experience in static and dynamic code analysis.
- have an overview knowledge in more advanced testing methods (such as model-based testing, mutation testing and search-based testing), and in the state-of-the-art in software testing research.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
- Finding problems earlier in the development process and integration chain.
- Avoiding quality deficiency costs.
- Evaluating the quality of software and systems, and knowing when to release.
- Understanding problems and gaps in the development process for continuous improvement.
Below you find the entry requirements for the course. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you can get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etcetera. Read more in Application information below.
The course is given in the spring semester. Application opens mid-September.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we can validate work experience to determine whether you have the qualifications for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org