In the rapid development of both computers and networks, there is an increasing need for people with knowledge in these areas.
About the course
This course will provide a detailed theoretical and practical knowledge in the art of configuring and securing computer networks and create network topologies. Together with Computer Networks I, distance course (Datakommunikation i nätverk I, distanskurs) you will be covering most, but not all, of the content that are part of a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate. The certificate is not part of this course.
Configuration of routers and switches, hierarchical network design, depressions in various routing protocols, STP, OSPF, NAT, ACL, QoS concepts, link aggregation, VPN, network management, and various WAN technologies.
You will learn
- as part of an assignment put up a company network practically and theoretically describe it
- to describe and apply the basics of various Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- to describe and apply depressions in different routing techniques
- to describe and implement virtual private networks (VPNs), and various WAN technologies
- to design, manage and troubleshoot the networking operations.
- understand SDN and APIs for configuration and management tools
- understand the importance of network security and practice best security practices.
Below you find the entry requirements for the course. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you can get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etcetera. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
Many courses requires that you have previous academies studies, but we can validate work experience to determine whether you have the qualifications for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 45.5 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 38 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org