Change password – MDU account
Remember that you need to change your password at least once a year, preferably more often. You will receive an email reminder well before it is time to change your password.
Important information before changing your password
- If you work on campus, your computer should be plugged into a docking station.
- However, if you are using Wi-Fi on campus, you must be connected to a VPN before changing your password.
- If you work remotely, you must be connected to a VPN before changing your password.
Important information when you have changed your password
- Do you have a PC and changed the password via Wi-Fi or remotely?
- Lock the computer (CTRL+Alt+Delete – select lock computer). Then unlock with the new password and the computer password will be updated.
- If you have a Mac, your computer's password will be updated automatically. See more information on the employee intranet.
- The final step is to update all your other devices where you use your MDU account with the new password. For example, Eduroam on the telephone, computer, Ipad/tablet.
A device with an incorrect password will lock your account for 30 minutes.