Defence forces exercise in Västerås
On Tuesday 6 September staff from the Swedish Armed Forces, the Police and the health care system will conduct exercises at various locations in Västerås. The exercise has been planned for a long time and no threat exists.
The exercise will take place at Carlforsska gymnasiet (upper secondary school) and at the emergency department at Västerås Hospital between 09:30 and 15:00.
You will notice that this exercise is taking place as:
- The locations will be cordoned off with tape and signs.
- People in uniform, some of them carrying weapons, will move around and in the buildings.
- Police cars, ambulances and other emergency vehicles will be visible in conjunction with the locations where the exercise is taking place.
- At Carlforsska gymnasiet, where part of the exercise will take place, the police will fire shots with blank ammunition, i.e. it will be noisy, but no bullets will be fired.
- Helicopters will take off and land several times near the school as well as at the hospital.
- There will be more traffic than usual with emergency vehicles.
- Figurines with made-up injuries will be used during the exercise, they will mostly be used to conduct care on and then be transported to hospital.