Alumnus of the Year Nominations
Now you can have a say in who will be Alumnus of the Year 2021. The candidates must be former Mälardalen University (MDH) students who are positive role models for the University, students and for the wider community. The winners are appointed by the University together with the public and private sectors. Please nominate your candidates no later than 15 November 2021.
The alumnus/alumna of the year is a former MDH student who is a positive role model for the University, students and for the surrounding community. The winner is appointed by the University together with representatives of the public and private sectors. All students, staff, members of boards and committees at the University as well as alumni are invited to nominate candidates for the Alumnus of the Year award.
Some new features of this year’s nominations:
- Previously the award has been given retroactively for the past year, but MDH has now changed its approach and will present the award as Alumnus of the Year proactively for the current year. Therefore, this year, we will be giving the Alumnus of the Year award for both 2020 and 2021.
- MDH has numerous alumni who work in exciting professions and would like to recognise more of them. Therefore, one week before the name of the Alumnus of the Year 2021 will be presented, we will announce which three candidates top the jury’s list.
- Last year’s Alumnus of the Year will participate on the jury.
The final date for nominations is 15 November 2021.
You may nominate several candidates.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
- The Alumnus of the Year must have taken a degree at MDH.
- The Alumnus of the Year must be a good ambassador for MDH and contribute towards strengthening the University’s brand name.
- The Alumnus of the Year must, through their profession or interests, have contributed to development of the private sector, the public sector, or non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- The Alumnus of the Year must be a role model and source of inspiration for prospective, current and former students, collaboration partners, financiers and the general public.
The Alumnus of the Year jury
- Tobias Söderberg, Operations Developer, Region Sörmland and Alumnus of the Year 2019
- Eva Lilja, Business Director, Västerås City
- Anna Sannö, Research Strategy Manager, Volvo Construction Equipment
- Damir Isovic, Dean of School, IDT
- David Carlsson, Dean of School, UKK
- Thomas Wahl, Dean of School, EST
- Anna Letterstål, Dean of School, HVV
- Kim Jansson, Chair, Mälardalen Student Union
- Petra Wellström, Student Influence Manager, Mälardalen Student Union
- Tommie Hultgren, Vice-Chair, Mälardalen Student Union
- Emma Sandsjö, Director of Communications at MDH (Chair)